Sunday, March 06, 2005

10 Things I've Done You Probably Haven't



Click here for Amazonin recognition of Cowboy Bob's post, here are ten things I've done that most others probably haven't. Check out Cowboy Bob's post if you really want to feel inadequate. And feel free to add your own...

1. Proposed to my wife at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve, a decision I've never regretted for a split-second
2. Watched the birth of my two daughters (first natural, second with epidural... both were very stressful for me... ;-)
3. Was fortunate enough to architect a best-selling software product, with plenty of brainpower supplied by Pete, Gerry, Cian Chambliss, Dave Delay, Terry Smith, and a host of others (product management provided by the inimitable Peter Mesnik)
4. Spent an unforgettable vacation with my wife and kids, watching a stunning sunset in Tortola and diving off a reef at Trunk Bay, St. John's
5. Got my nose broken and broke someone else's nose in the exact same instant going for a rebound in basketball (ouch!)
6. Ended a bizarre bar fight with one lucky punch
7. Got married, moved to a new city, and started a new job with an unfunded startup company... all within the period of thirty days
8. Jumped off a forty foot cliff at the quarries in Bloomington, Indiana featured in the movie Breaking Away (although it take many minutes to screw up enough courage to do so)
9. Took my two-year old daughter to the movie Beauty and the Beast without telling her what to expect... and watched her face light up with eyes as big as quarters when the movie started
10. Once emptied a 33-round magazine in less than 12 seconds using a baby Glock (G26)!
 

No comments: