Thursday, October 04, 2007

Barack Obama won't wear a US flag lapel pin

 
On the campaign trail in Waterloo, Iowa, the AP reports that B. Hussein Obama has had it with U.S. flag lapel pins:

"...The truth is that right after 9/11 I had a pin," Obama said. "Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security.

"I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest," he said in the interview...

It turns out that Obama hasn't given up pins altogether, though. Using the almost unbelievable resolution of our brand-spanking new electron Blogoscope, we've got a close-up of Obama's new lapel pin.

Oops. Not enough. Let's zoom in to maximum resolution.

Let me just adjust the -err- focus to make the pin look more realistic more legible.

Just before leaving the speaking engagement, Obama sprayed the the American flags draped behind him with lighter fluid, flicked open a Zippo, and told stunned reporters, "Go ahead, punk. Make my day."

Hillary Clinton could not be reached for comment, possibly because she had burst into a cackling, conniption fit of laughter.

No comments: