Friday, January 09, 2009

Sea Kittens: the other pink meat


Okay, so PETA wants to call fish 'sea kittens'. Fair enough. That being the case, I'd like to change the following names of animals:

• Cows ==> Pandas of the plain
• Chickens ==> Farm puppies
• Squirrels ==> Trouser monkeys
• Lamb ==> Lamb

Furthermore, I would be happy to call fish "sea kittens" so long as it is legal to eat real kittens.

As an aside, does this mean we should put regular kittens underwater with their sea kitten cousins?

And does anyone wrap raw seakittens with rice and seaweed and a little bit of wasabi?

Why doesn’t PETA care about the senseless slaughter millions of defenseless plants, fruits, and vegetables every year?

Does PETA know that a cat can not in any way survive on a vegetarian diet?

Is a sea kitten a baby catfish?

Ooh….someone pass the lemon-pepper shaker.

I love kittens….with a nice wine sauce.

Not only do I enjoy “sea kittens” , but I have probably unknowlingly enjoyed a few “land kittens” , from the local Oriental restaurant as well.

I think I’ll make sea kitten sticks for lunch today.

Pasture puppies: Steak.

Maybe we should rename rats 'tube puppies'. Think how much nicer the NYC subways would be!

You mean there are land kittens too? Sounds delicious!

Now I want to go to Captain D’s or Long John Silvers and have a Sea Kitten Platter; it comes with Sea Puppies (shrimp)!

Hat tips: Rants & Refinements, Veteran American, Hot Air and Michelle Malkin.

No comments: