Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Arrogance, Ego and Insecurity


I'll leave the psychoanalysis to the pros, but I'm shocked by the level of insecurity demonstrated by the Obama administration and its handlers.

Has an official White House press release ever pilloried a television network for criticizing a President's policies?


Chris Wallace was understating things.

...the fact that [Obama] would go and self- consciously do CBS and ABC and NBC and CNN and Univision, I mean, you know, I'm not in any way denigrating Univision, but it is not on the regular roster of Sunday talk shows, frankly I think elevates us. It is -- when I covered - real quickly, when I covered Ronald Reagan for NBC in the `80s, you know, some days you do a good piece, a positive piece about it. Sometimes do you a tough piece. And you'd come in the next day. And they always treated you professionally. And I think it came from the top down, from the old man. Reagan who felt, you know, I'm going to get a good review today and bad review tomorrow...

...These guys [the Obama administration], everything is personal... They are the biggest bunch of crybabies I have dealt with in my 30 years in Washington.

Disagree on policy and you're labeled a racist or worse.

Instead of "Change", "Hope" and "Post-Partisanship", we get "Ego", "Insecurity" and "Arrogance".

I never thought I'd say this about a president, but the Carter administration's looking pretty good right now.


Update: "George Will on Obama's 'gaseous rhetoric' and Olympian ego".

No comments: