Monday, June 07, 2010

John Hawkins Releases Top 40 Conservative Blog List; Proves He's a Deeply Troubled Individual

John Hawkins has created an updated version of the Top 40 Conservative Blog List and it appears he's been hitting the sauce again. His selection for the #12 slot is an affront to bloggers everywhere and especially those who actually have talent.

40) Jihad Watch
39) Small Dead Animals
38) Conservative Blog Watch
37) Power Line
36) Tim Blair
35) Alarming News
34) Gay Patriot
33) The Cara Ellison Show
32) Sweetness & Light
31) Dr. Helen
30) The Campaign Spot
29) The American Princess
28) The Radio Equalizer
27) Say Anything
26) Cassy Fiano
25) I Own The World
24) Creative Minority Report
23) The Jawa Report
22) Top of The Ticket
21) Iowahawk
20) Althouse
19) Big Government
18) Jammie Wearing Fool
17) Big Hollywood
16) Riehl World View
15) Megan McArdle
14) Atlas Shrugs
13) Legal Insurrection
12) Doug Ross
11) IMAO
10) Newsreal
9) Weasel Zippers
8) Ace Of Spades HQ
7) Michelle Malkin
6) Instapundit
5) RedState
4) Newsbusters
3) The Corner
2) Gateway Pundit
1) Hot Air

I can just see Paul Mirengoff and company ripping their hair out while screaming, "Him? Number 12? Why not pick a guy out of the f***ing phone book?"

In all seriousness, I'd be happy with #40. There's something very wrong about a #12 ranking, but I'm overwhelmed to have the honor even temporarily. Like, until Hawkins sobers up and deletes the entry.


Update: iOwnTheWorld agrees and is deeply troubled with Hawkins' break from reality.

11 comments:

Jim - PRS said...

Well deserved.

vanderleun said...

I'd place you even higher. You do great work and you do it consistently.

Congratulations.

Geoffrey Britain said...

OK, well # 12 is a stretch ;-)

But seriously, Althouse as the #20 most conservative? Please.

The_Bad said...

Dude - you are ranked higher than Andy Breitbart! Hoo-rah.

Thomas Bryan said...

I'm disappointed my Useful Info Nation Blog is not listed. I have to keep trying.

robot said...

Hard work does pay off. Too bad I'm a slacker.
Congratulations!

Ferd said...

How about Megan McArdle @ 15? Conservative, yet votes for Obama? Blech. Just because she's a now self-identified Rube (TM), doesn't mean she's conservative.

And what the hell? No American Digest in the top 40? Hawkins is INNNNNNSANE!

Congratulations! #12 on the Obama Administration's Most Wanted List is awesome!

Anonymous said...

I fell a coupla notches this time. Must work harder, I suppose.


#33

MOTUS said...

Doug:

Big Congratulations!!!

It's almost, I repeat, almost as big as being one of the Doug Ross "Fabulous 50 Blog Award Winners!", which I was and you...uh,...um,...

Congratulations it's still really, really big!!!!

Hugs,

M

JeremyR said...

What? No obscure jazz musicians made teh list? No aspiring artist with poor taste and lousy commentary? Color me shocked!
Oh, and congratulations.
WV= nosestep Nose step? useful I guess when switching feet.

memory stick said...

Well if i go for my opinion i can't say much but feel proud to write something like Moonbattery posts great articles, several times a day. Many posts are roundups from these fine blogs, with their snarky wit commenting on the subject; they're definitely my "go to" blog. I hope they won't be overlooked again. Good to see my other fav blogs listed, and some I've never heard of...