Thursday, October 14, 2010

Amazon Kindle Number Two Goes DOA

Right in the middle of reading the first of two novels I purchased last Sunday, I get this:

Yes -- the screen is almost entirely black with a few horizontal lines scattered throughout.

Less than a year ago, my first Kindle -- that was only a few months old -- suffered a similar fate, though the screen was still somewhat readable.

Notice the discolored band near the top of the 'digital ink'-based screen. That appeared one day as a permanent reminder that a bunch of finicky electrons hold the keys to a dozen of my books.

No need to throw these away yet:

And I hear that when the SHTF, they'll be worth some serious coin.

And at the rate these Democrats are spending, we won't have long to wait.


4 comments:

Phil said...

Have you been photoshopping your bookshelves, too? I insist that the shelves ought to be sagging!
(Said tongue-in-cheek.)

Picky said...

You know the iPhone/iPod Touch has an app for the Kindle program, right? The program is free, and works just like on the Kindle (with the whisperthingy). As Alton Brown would say, "I don't do unitaskers."

Anonymous said...

I believe I'm in LOVE with your Bookshelf. I believe I'm in LOVE with YOU if you have multiple bookshelves.

p.s. - ditch the electronic "reading" devices. You're sexy without them.

Anonymous said...

To Christmases ago S.Weasel gave her readers the present of a website: an online reader called Project
Gutenberg. I enjoy this free service.