Saturday, September 03, 2011

'Who Is Larwyn?'

Many have called, emailed and even scrawled the question on hand-delivered notes: 'Who is Larwyn?', referring to the executive editor of our daily link roundups. Tired of the incessant questions, I forwarded one on to Larwyn. The response is delivered verbatim.

I have been called a dynamic figure because I am often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention.

I translate sign language while weaving in and out of heavy traffic. I write award-winning operas.

I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I mesmerize people with my amazing trombone playing. I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook 30-minute brownies in 20 minutes.

I am an active member of the following Mafias: Italian, Russian, American, Canadian, French, British, Spanish, German, Scandinavian, Czechoslovakian, Yugoslavian, Ukrainian, Romanian, and Antarctican.

I am an expert in stucco, a veteran of the Foreign Legion, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon basin from a horde of ferocious army ants.

I play bluegrass cello. I was scouted by the Mets. I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I’m bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding.

In my youth, on Wednesdays after school, I used to repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookkeeper.

Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening-wear.

I don’t perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal force demonstration. I bat .400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read The Holy Bible, Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening.

I know the exact location of every food item in every supermarket in New York City.

I have performed several covert operations for United States intelligence organizations. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair.

While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery.

The laws of physics do not apply to me. I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid.

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life, but forgot to write it down.

I have made extraordinary four-course meals using only a blender and a toaster oven. I breed prize-winning clams.

I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin.

I have played Hamlet, I have broken into and inhabited the Biosphere, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

There is more --- but much of it is too extreme to believe.

9 comments:

Diogenes Sarcastica™ said...

Ah! But with all that said, the question is still "can you dance?"

Anonymous said...

Now this is a Dos Equis commercial!

BTW Lauren, I once made cornbread in a microwave using cast iron, facing it to pick up Conservative Radio on my braces while bleaching my hair using a stainless steel mixing bowl.

I know, everyone's a comedian.

(Saunters off with a huff)

Reliapundit said...

to a lib, all that used to sound an awful lot like obama!

Kathy from Kansas said...

"Years ago I discovered the meaning of life, but forgot to write it down."

Aaughh! Don't you just hate it when that happens?!?!

DEWEY FROM DETROIT said...

I was just wondering Larwyn, did you happen to speak with Elvis while he was still alive?

Because I know a lot of people who spoke to him after he had passed on, but I've never known anyone who actually spoke to him while he was still a hound dog.

That would definitely be impressive.

the Other Ken said...

Sure, but did your face ever appear on a baseball card?

straight8 said...

Stay thirsty, my friend.

Matthew W said...

"to a lib, all that used to sound an awful lot like obama!"

To many libs, it STILL sounds like nobama to them !!

cathyf said...

But you left out the most amazing superpower of all, "larwyning a thread"